Thursday, January 26, 2012

My life's Goals

It's the beginning of the new year whereby people make new resolutions n set goals for the new year .

As I sit down to ponder over my personal life goals , I realize that I never set life goals all these years . Why? I have no life goals ?, I don't know what I want? Are these true?

The only time I really sat down n listed the things I wanted to accomplish was when I found myself becoming a full time mom after working for over twenty years! No more corporate power suits , corporate cat fights, excessive traveling n entertaining, life became mundane n routine. After an inertia few months of rest n relax I told myself I need to get involved in some sort of business to keep my mind going. So I went n planned the types of biz I wanted to do n how to accomplish it.

After close to ten years , my one person consulting biz is still me n me alone n just rolling by year after year without much growth. So did i achieve my goals! Not really according to what I set!
But wait , did I not feel happy all these years (albeit occasional unhappiness)?
Much so, great satisfaction from being a stayathome mom n part time worker!

So now I have adjusted my life goals. B happy n make my family happy! That's all I need. Easy right? N no need to adjust my goals annually.

So to all of u out there don't harp over what your life should b n will b. Think of yourself n whether u r enjoying life !

Be happy n smile!

No comments: